Thursday, October 1, 2009

I expanded BEC!!

I am finding that the hardest part of the errand and concierge business is getting the word out about it! My first thoughts were that I would stay close and be able to find clients within a close proximity to my home but am finding that the need to expand to other areas has arrived! Initially the idea of going to the surrounding metro cities did not seem a necessity, but it seems the need is not in our smaller cities closer to home. Having two large metro cities within 30 minutes of my home makes it feasible to expand my services to those areas. So a few weeks ago I decided to make the changes on my website: http://www.beaconanderrandconcierge.com/ to reflect that we serve the Hampton Roads area.


Then to further help with publicity, I looked into and joined the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce. Within 4 business days of joining the chamber, I received a call from a company doing a calendar for Va Beach emergency services asking if I would like to include Beacon Errand And Concierge in an ad on this calendar. We decided (my hubby and I) that I would have to spend some money to make money, I am taking the plunge and submitting an ad for this calendar. Having no overhead,the only expense I have is in advertising, so it makes sense to invest in getting the word out.

Things are moving slower than I had hoped for BEC, but with some publicity and now with being a member of the Chamber of Commerce, my hope is that that changes very soon! In the 25 years of daycare I was always able to get the word out and positions were quickly filled, word of mouth spread like wildfire and the need was there, so this is my first experience with having to do some real work at advertising. I hope I am going in the right direction, only time will tell I guess, but that's part of this new venture I've undertaken ... new things ... new challenges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment